Tuesday, February 20, 2007

President's day


For President's Day I worked in the yard and ate lots of ice cream.

I think my activities would have received Presidential laudations from Washington and Lincoln. Certainly they must have approved of sweat inducing labor and delicious dessert afterwards.

******

I am currently in the process of preparing a strip on the side of our house to be a vegetable garden. Since Friday I have been hard at work and yesterday, President's Day, I completed the task. A neighbor suggested I clear the area then cover it with black plastic, a method called Solarization, to kill all the weeds and their seeds, so that I can turn it into a vegetable garden in a few months.

Working in the yard is hard, it burns lots of calories. Thus, my ice cream orgy was completely prepared for and justified.

The Thteeds visited a fantastic ice cream parlor called Fenton's with 'sposita and her family. Fenton's makes all their ice cream and toppings and it is delicious. Should you ever come to visit, and you like ice cream, you must go to Fenton's. I will gladly accompany you.

I had toasted almond ice cream with hot fudge and caramel sauce. mmmmm......My favorite. Their caramel sauce is divine. I bought a jar. Let the good times roll.

I hope your President's Day was also filled with rolling god times.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

So since I'm going to be in the area at the end of March, I think I just may have to take you up on your ice cream offer.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Ooo. You're one step ahead of us. We know we want to have a garden, but we haven't taken the initiative to dig up our yard and plan it all out.

what are you planting? how exciting.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Melyngoch said...

Presidents Day? It's Shrove Tuesday! Eat pancakes!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

edgy: you're on!

silly: tomatoes, zucchini, peas, string beans, basil, cilantro, pumpkins, carrots...any other suggestions?

melyngoch: Pancakes! Oh no, I've failed my son.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Shrove Tuesday!!! Pancake Tuesday!!I made pancakes for breakfast for the kids--the fluffy American kind and then their dad made the more English crepe-y kind for dessert after dinner. They put lemon juice and sugar on them. I'm not used to it yet. I still like my maple syrup.

And I love the whole idea of reviving some ground to grow things. Wish I were there to help... (sigh)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sposita said...

i'm so impressed - you actually deserved ice cream! i just glutted myself. and it was delicious.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 5:42:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

I didn't realized we were now worshiping the rolling god....

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home