Monday, February 12, 2007

What Have I Done!!???

The other day the Big O and I were getting ready to go to the park. As I was helping him get his shoes on I took a long look at him to make sure he was dressed appropriately for the activity. It was during this long look that I noticed something...then thought to myself, "What have I done to my child?!"

The Big O was wearing the following: a Spider-Man t-shirt (old school Spider-Man, this shirt used to be my brother's), Black Converse, and a CARS hat (gift from grandparents). He was carrying his Thomas the Tank Engine lunch box (also a grandparent gift).

My child was sporting so many brands it almost brought me to tears. I almost undressed him to redress him in cartoon-free clothing.

I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how I had let so many brands sneak into my child's life. My only conosolation was that the hat, lunch box and shirt were not purchased by me.

To the rest of you parents out there, Beware! I swore I would never let my child become a walking advertisement yet failed!

Do not be seduced!

Diligence!

Constant diligence!


6 Comments:

Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

Spider-Man is an acceptable brand. Batman would be better.

wv: stajonym

Monday, February 12, 2007 5:35:00 PM  
Blogger Melyngoch said...

And if he's going to be a walking advertisement for something, old-school Spiderman is far from the worst you could do.

Monday, February 12, 2007 6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

This post made me seriously laugh out loud. Picturing this was very, very funny. If you're going to let him be a walking billboard, however, I think you should consider buying more things from theric's store. At least then he'll be advertising his daddy.

Monday, February 12, 2007 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

That's really good advice.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just bought my daughter her first "brand" item of clothing but it's awesome. I found a vintage batman hoodie at a thrift store and I make her wear it every day. I can see how it would lose some of it's effect paired with Thomas the Tank Engine pants though...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Sposita said...

we've already ruined the Dude. He wants to know if it is his Baby Gap 'jamas, or his Old Navy shirt. If it doesn't have a label on it he recognizes (unless, of course, it's a Thomas shirt =) he repeatedly asks us "is this my Baby Gap shirt?" until we deny it and then he asks "but, where IS it, mommy?"

Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home