Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year

For most this would be the post where I share with you, my readers, all the fantastic New Year's Resolutions I have made. How I'm going to start this year afresh and improve myself, and get in shape and read more and become more spiritual, and blah blah blah.

If you were hoping to hear this from Lady Steed, tough beans. I don't do New Year's Resolutions. I do not like setting myself up for failure and disappointment.

I have never been a good goal setter, despite going through the Young Women's program. I also never got my Young Womanhood Recognition Medallion...but I still got married!!! HAHAHA!!!

Here's to the rest of you--Cheers! and best of luck.

I hope you all manage to keep your resolutions and end up as improved versions of yourselves at the end of this year, 2007.

Me, well, I guess I'll just stagnate into oblivion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Pregnancy has really changed you!!

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Monday, January 08, 2007 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also resolutely resolved against resolutions. I'm also another happily married Personal Progress drop-out. Looks like we've got the winning formula!

Monday, January 08, 2007 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

d.girl--yes, it has...do you think I should start shaving?

sarah--Amen. I should also point out that I married a failed Boy Scout; Theric never got his Eagle. I guess failure attracts failure.

Monday, January 08, 2007 7:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad has always said that the secret to happiness in life is to have no goals or expectations--then you're happy no matter what happens. I wish I could be more like him...

And we should talk more about the whole boys and scouting thing. Now that I have one, I don't know what to think...

Monday, January 08, 2007 8:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home