Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Happy Last Day of the First Month of the New Year!

What did you do to celebrate?

I sat in a chair and enjoyed a chocolate covered marzipan from See's candy.

It was divine.

Otherwise most of the day was un-divine, as I spent it wondering when my child became such a brat.

Most of the time the Big O is a sweet little boy. A child who tells me almost hourly that he loves me, throws few tantrums, is nice to his friends and others, and overall is just a pleasant kid.

Today he returned from a short stay at his grandmother's and was rotten all day long. He had three friends over and spent most of that time in time-out, while the three other children played happily with his toys.

Theric and I are noticing that when the Big O returns from spending time with either set of grandparents he becomes noticeably more bratty. I suppose our parents are only doing what grandparents feel is their calling--spoiling the grandkids. Oh well. There's really not much I can do about that. Usually the extreme brattiness is gone by the next day, so I shouldn't worry too much I guess.

On a completeley different subject: The Thteed's Last Day of the First Month of the New Year letter is obviously running late. So, just so you all know, it will be very late in coming this year. We are working on it but running into some problems with our hardware. Please wait patiently; it will arrive soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S-Boogie goes through a stage of brattiness every time she comes home from preschool. I usually let her decompress by watching TV, since I'm a naughty mommy. I think it's their twisted way of telling you that they love you.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry my child probably contributed to the Big O's problems today. and that he has taught your child the joy of screaming loudly in the house.
i don't know if you'll believe me, but he doesn't really do it just for the heck of it most of the time. usually he has a good reason: he is getting tickled, he is getting chased, he has a friend over. =)
i hope most of your day (the part that was Dude free) was also scream free.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By "divine" do you mean that it was in the shape of La Virgen Maria?

Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By "divine" do you mean that it was in the shape of the Virgin Mary?

Thursday, February 01, 2007 7:03:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Foxy:I am shocked that preschool induces brattiness! She must pick it up from other kids. I'm a naughty mommy too--Big O watches about two hours of TV each morning. But it's all on PBS, so that makes it better right?

,sposita: The Dude did not induce brattiness in the Big O. The brattiness almost certainly comes from time spent with grandparents. Big O was HORRIBLE during most of playgroup. All the other children were fine, but the Big O spent most of the time crying because he had to share his toys. However, the Dude did teach Big O how to scream like a banshee.

master fob: no, my marzipan was a normal shape. But it would've been cool if had been in the shape of the Virgin Mary. Then I could have sold it on EBAY.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Melyngoch said...

Maybe you could really mix it up and do a First Day of the Last Month of the Old Year Letter.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah: the last day of the first month of the new year....
Does that mean I get a cool newsletter thing again? I think that was the coolest thing the mailman brought me my entire two years in Idaho--no joke!

Monday, February 12, 2007 6:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Wait....
Maybe I should read the ENTIRE blog before I comment, eh?
Sorry....

Monday, February 12, 2007 6:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home