Monday, January 08, 2007

Pancakes


The Big O loves pancakes, but not for breakfast. He asks for pancakes for dinner nearly every night. And because I rarely have anything planned for, or feel like making, dinner; Theric usually whips up a small batch of pancakes for him.

Recently I have begun to wonder if pancakes for dinner, three times a week, is such a good and healthy idea. See, we don't make our pancakes from scratch. Oh no. The last time we were at COSTCO Theric suggested we get the huge bag of Krusteaz pancake mix. I obliged.

I have yet to look at the ingredient list, but I am sure it is not good. If I were any sort of responsible parent I would be whipping up pancakes from scratch using whole wheat, bran and flax. But no. No, we're using a mix and the Big O is loving his pancakes.

Yesterday Theric introduced the Big O to the healthiness that is chocolate chip pancakes.

YUM!

Childhood obesity, here we come.

6 Comments:

Blogger Th. said...

.

Not to worry, folks. We splurge on the expensive, genuine, straight-from-the-tree maple syrup. So he's going to be fine.

Monday, January 08, 2007 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had pancakes for dinner tonight. Fed them to the missionaries, in fact. FoxyJ made oatmeal raisin pancakes, but if you're going to use a mix, Krusteaz is the way to go. Krusteaz makes good pancakes.

Oh, and if anyone's to blame for the Big O's coming obesity, it's Th. He's the one who uses the mix instead of making them from scratch.

Monday, January 08, 2007 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like buttermilk pancakes. Made with Bisquick.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We use the Krusteaz stuff too but I jazz it up by throwing in some diced fruit (the little plastic cups of sliced peaches also from Costco) and substituting 1/4 of the Krusteaz mix with flax powder. They are still almost as easy as just straight mix, but have a good health benefit. Plus I think they taste a lot better this way.

We ate them for dinner two nights ago :)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it gets you out of thinking of/making dinner whlie you're pregnant, I'm all for it.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 4:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMM. I love Krusteaz.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home