Sunday, February 18, 2007

My men need Haircuts


Badly.

Theric’s hair is a wild fluffy mop that threatens to eat my face whenever he goes in for a kiss. Yes, we may live in Berkeley where such unkemptness is acceptable, even the norm, but I do not always find the look attractive. Sorry, Shaggy.

The Big O’s hair is not wild and huge like his father’s, but it is covering his neck, ears and, now, eyeballs. It doesn’t seem to bother him, but it’s starting to bother me. He looks like . . . his father.

You may be wondering why haircuts are not that common in a Thteed family where the sole woman is desperately longing for them. Well, Theric has a hard time selecting a barber. Or, rather, he refuses to pay exorbitant amounts of money for haircuts. I feel the same way and one might, therefore, logically assume that I would then cut their hair. But, no. Cutting hair is not something I do.

I did try cutting Theric’s hair once (once) in the early days of our marriage, but it ended with me in tears and Theric with a shaved head. Perhaps you now understand my reluctance to cut their hair? and Theric's love of hats? I don’t want to make my husband and child have to shave their heads in order to ‘fix’ a truly horrible haircut. Yes, I know I should try again because practice is the only way I’ll ever learn to give a decent haircut, but honestly I am scared. When I create something--say a drawing or a batch of cookies--and it turns out ugly or tastes horrible, I just throw it away. Can’t do that with a haircut. The evidence of my shoddy handiwork will be constantly before me, causing aches of guilt and pain.

So. The Thteed men need haircuts.

Can anyone out there come over and perform this dreaded task? Please?

They’re awfully unpleasant to look at.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sposita said...

for some reason, my brother decided that i should cut his hair. oh - it was because he hated the buzzy clippers. it lasted until i gave him a haircut that required SHAVING his head in the back. and it still looked bad. =)

Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger FoxyJ said...

This is funny because we recently had some friends over for dinner and haircuts came up. The wife revealed that she once tried to cut the husband's hair early in their marriage with similar results (horrible haircut and wife in tears). This is why I have never attempted to cut Master Fob's hair. And lately I've been willing to spend the eight or nine bucks (Great Clips with a coupon) to avoid homemade haircuts.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

I have cut my own hair many times, but I've never tried anyone else's. At any rate, don't cut either Theric or O's hair before we get there--I want to see them looking like Cousin It.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

The cheapest I've seen here is $12--and that's really barrel scraping.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 9:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home