Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garden Massacres

They have got me down. 

I planted four zucchini plants, three are left. Planted four cucumber plants, one is left, and it does not appear to be doing well. Planted two pumpkin plants, zero left. 

But it doesn't stop there, oh no. This is the worst: I planted nine yellow squash plants, nine! And now, now, I have zero. Zero!!!!!!! ARRRGGHHHH!!!!

I started all of these plants from seed, and loving nurtured them on my kitchen window sill until I felt they were ready to go out into the garden. Little did I know that I would be sending them to their deaths. 

I am quite certain all the blame should be placed on snails.

Snails, I hate you. 


title=DIE!DIE YOU SCOUNDRELS!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sposita said...

your loss is truly tragic! maybe the ghosts of snails past are coming to help also?

Friday, May 15, 2009 6:19:00 AM  
Blogger Maile said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! You should have Ellie come de-snail your garden. That girl LOVES snails and has a knack for finding them.

Friday, May 15, 2009 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Not a bad idea. I'm sure the four I found this morning won't make a dent.

Friday, May 15, 2009 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

'sposita I think you may be on to something there.

MaiIe, I am sure the Big O would love to have a companion during the upcoming snail hunt.

Th., thank you for killing those four though. You are a dear.

Friday, May 15, 2009 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I hate garden pests. The vine borers have been our zucchini's nemesis the last few years. It's so frustrating!

Saturday, May 16, 2009 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home