Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Does this indicate that I might need a vactaion?


Yesterday I had a dentist appointment and it was the best part of my day, possibly the best part of the last month.

Why?

I got to walk to and from the dentist's officealone. While there I got to sit in a clean, quiet, nicely decorated waiting room and read a magazinealone. When it was time to have my teeth cleaned, I got to sit in a comfy chair and make pleasant small talk with the hygienistuninterrupted. When she was ready to get to work on my teeth, she raised and reclined the chair (I think that position sent lots of oxygen rich blood to my head, which may explain why my brain felt less addled afterwards) and I got to lay there, very still, with my eyes closed (that light they use is super bright). I even took off my glasses. My mouth of course was open and the hygienist was cleaning my teeth which was a little bit uncomfortable at times but, I tell you, it was so relaxing. There was only pleasant music playing softly and the sound of that sucker thing. I didn't fall asleep but I certainly could have. I was in a state of relaxation and it was lovely. No children. No children anywhere in that office. No children for a total time of approximateley an hour and a half. Completely worth the $30 copay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kengo Biddles said...

Yeah--you need a vacation. But I think any mom out there that is home with the kids would agree with you, 100%. I know Miki would (does).

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger FoxyJ said...

Definitely take a vacation! Even for a day. Despite the fact that Sunstone involved nearly five hours total of driving for me, I actually missed my husband and kids by the time Saturday was over. I don't remember who said it, but "how can I miss you when you won't go away?" :)

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home