Monday, March 02, 2009

Pretty Party

I threw a party for a good friend this past weekend--it was a lot of work and very exhausting, but I think the party was a success, or, at least, that's what everyone told me.

When I asked my friend what sort of party she wanted she just told me, ‘a pretty party.’ Which she then said was sort of a given since I was the one throwing the party--what a nice compliment! Though I must say that I do not often get the chance to throw pretty parties. With two boys our birthday party themes do not generally involve pretty things. But I think this party did actually turn out ‘pretty.’

Here are a few pictures.
(mouse over the pictures to read captions)

(thanks to 'sposita for taking these with her awesome camera and sweet picture-taking skills.)














































(next few pictures taken by me, with my crappy camera and weak picture-taking skills.)


5 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

That does look like a pretty party! Parties are fun--I just wish I had the decorating skills that you do :)

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Señora H-B said...

It looks so fun and the food so yummy!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:59:00 AM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

You have such a good eye for detail and combination. You have a knack for making things pretty. Good job. Was that hummus I saw?

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger jana said...

You did a beautiful job! You definitely got Grandma's artistic genes.

Monday, March 09, 2009 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Sposita said...

it was Definitely a Pretty party! i'm just sorry i didn't get MORE pretty pictures of it! (part of that being i couldn't bend the way i wanted to!). the wheat grass was so impressive and perfect for a springy feel. i never would've guessed that you struggled with the flowers! they were just perfect.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home