Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Empty Square

number puzzleI have come to realize that my house is like a number puzzle. The kind you hold in your hand, with one empty space and you have to move the squares around until you get all the numbers in order. That's what my house is like.

It appears to be impossible for all the rooms in my house to be clean, neat and tidy all at the same time. At least one room is always a mess. Usually that room is the master bedroom. And as I was cleaning it the other day, the dining room slowly became messier and messier.

The mess never really gets cleaned up, just shifted to another room.

The mess goes in the empty square. And, apparently, my room is that empty square most of the time.

>sigh<

6 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

Our house is totally the same way! I love the metaphor--I think the counter by our kitchen is the same way--constantly drowing in papers and stuff.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Mine too. I often feel like I have only have 1 room clean at a time! At least you only have 1 hole.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:45:00 PM  
Blogger Recession Cone said...

I think my puzzle might have 2 empty squares. =(

Friday, January 30, 2009 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger jana said...

I think you summed up my house perfectly! Aren't most of our houses like that? My bedroom too is usually the one that starts piling up the junk. I cleaned it this week and it was been such a difference in how I feel when I go in there. I can never go back to a messy bedroom so I am putting a 3 way laundry sorter on my list of things to buy. I can't stand all the dirty laundry covering my floor!

Friday, January 30, 2009 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Getting a good laundry container did help a lot. So go for it.

ps, rc: ha ha!

Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

I know that the house I grew up in was like this. My parents room was the empty square, still is actually. Though with three less people in the house, there is considerably less stuff, plus two more empty rooms--which are not really empty but are full of stuff, but all that stuff is well organized.

A laundry sorter will help. It did for us.

Monday, February 02, 2009 3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home