Monday, September 08, 2008

Baby Steps

On August 30th the Large S took his first steps! Since then he has been trying to take more and more steps. Saturday, September 6, he took 20 steps, the most to date. But every day since he's been working on getting his steps to be more stable and take him in the direction he wants to go. At first, most of the steps were sideways--he reminded me of a crab, but now he's getting pretty good at making all the steps go in a forward direction. He's very proud of himself and loves the applause he gets when he takes a few steps.

But I must say that while I am proud of him I am also a little sad--my baby is growing up! Soon he'll be a toddler...and able to toddle away from me and straight into all kinds of trobule.








Video taken September 9th

7 Comments:

Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Hooray Large S!!! What a big boy.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger jana said...

What a cute little walk. He does kind of look like a crab!

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I love the video. His swagger is great.

Friday, September 12, 2008 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger SHARXGIRL said...

YAY for walking! I had a whole convo with O about S at the cabin. We discussed S and walking. O explained that S was very close.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger jane dough said...

Aaaah! Aaaahh! I am missong so much!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger jane dough said...

apparently I missed spelling, too.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Fox's x 3 said...

Very exciting for him, but sad at the same time because as you said, he is growing up fast. I see Hannah growing up before my very eyes and soon she will be toddling around.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home