Saturday, September 06, 2008

Don’t Mess with My Hose!

There I am, last Tuesday, sitting in my living room around ten or eleven a.m., chatting with my mother, when I hear a sound. I recognize this sound.

It's the sound of the pipes, water running through the pipes. Specifically, the sound I hear when I leave the front hose on to water my gardenia plant.

"That's weird," I thought, "I don't recall going out there and turning it on...why is it on? Someone else must have turned it on...wait--does that mean there's a stranger messing with my hose? EEKKK!"

I jump out of my chair and run to the front window, and indeed my hose has been turned on. By a stranger. Actually, a pair of strangers and they are now using the water to give their two dogs (pitbulls) drinks and a rinse. Huh? Do pitbulls get overheated really easily or something? What the crap! To top it off, they aren't even trying to keep all the water running out of the hose on the lawn. Oh no, it's going all over the walkway--Hello! We are in a drought, people!

I was too shocked to do anything. I was just standing in my window staring at them, jaw dropped. My mother joined me at the window and also stood in silent shock. I think they eventually noticed us, and then they turned off the hose and left. But I was still in shock.

This using-other-people's-hoses thing--is it something dog people do regularly? Has it happened to you? What should I have done?

For the record, I don't think it's right to go messing with other people's hoses. You hear me, pitbull owners? Back off!

5 Comments:

Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

I think you should have shot their dogs with your rifle.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

I concur with Fobby.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The garbage man has used our hose for a drink before. It made me mad at first, but then I thought, "Well, he did just pick up my garbage."

I think people who use hoses without asking are the same people who don't pick up after their dogs, so shooting their dogs with your rifle would take care of two problems.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Leata said...

No joke, I would have opened the door and yelled at them. That's totally inappropriate!

This is like that weird girl who lived across the street from us in Montara who would just come into the house sometimes.

Monday, September 08, 2008 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Glad to know so many of you also found this act appaling.

Will keep my firearm handy for the next time this happens.

Bezerk: Glad you didn't say anything to the garbage man, that is not a person you want to upset.

leata: Really!? I have never heard you mention that weird girl--was she ill?

Monday, September 08, 2008 9:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home