Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey remember that time

. . . I painted The Big O's room orange?

Well between the time we decided to paint his room orange and when we actually did it, The Big O determined he wanted his room to be purple. I am not a big fan of purple so I promptly told him that I would not be painting his room purple but orange. Orange used to be his favorite color but at some point he retrenched and insisted on purple.

As a compromise, someone suggested we paint his door purple. The Big O thought this was a great idea and campaigned hard for it--I was less sure. Purple doors in an orange room?

So we painted his room and when it was finished O said he really liked it.

A year has since passed. There has been no door on the boys' room. For a year. A year! Kind of ridiculous.

But look! I did it! It's finally painted!



A purple door in an orange room!

It looks pretty good.



The Big O has been staying with Theric's parents this past week. Having the door up will be a big surprise--I'm excited to see his reaction.

Now I just have to finish up with the closet door.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. I've really fallen in love with the shades of orange in India. Can't wait to come visit you guys in a few weeks!

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger jana said...

I think it looks great! Who would've thought orange and purple would look good together.

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I hope he loved it.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger chosha said...

I love purple and orange together, great contrast. So glad also you went for a nice vibrant blue-purple, because lavender with that would have looked crap. :)

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger SHARXGIRL said...

LOVE the purple door! It looks magical.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple and orange do go together. Didn't you ever see the Phoenix Suns play basketball back in the day?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home