Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Magic Sock

Socks and babies are two things that I have never managed to make stay together. Whenever I have put socks on either of my babies, the socks have not remained on that baby's feet for very long. Either the baby has pulled the sock off or the socks slowly inched off the feet. The result being that I, as the Mama, get comments of, “Oh! his feet are cold, he has no socks! Get this baby some socks!” from family, friends and strangers alike. I know they mean well but after a while, it irks me. I would explain the falling-sock phenomenon but their look of disapproval did not disappear. And off I would go to grab another pair of socks.

With The Big O I usually made the effort to put socks on his feet each day, but by midday the socks were gone. With the Large S I've saved myself the effort and rarely put socks on his feet at all--unless we are going outside or if it is a cold night or if the red socks are clean (there's just something about a baby in red socks that makes me smile and giggle).

I suspect the reason that socks do not stay on my babies' feet is that my children have large feet and/or baby sock makers have yet to create a sock that will actually stay on the baby foot.

Until now.

The Large S has a magic sock. Just one, but magic nonetheless.

I think this sock has been on his foot since Sunday night. Or maybe since Monday morn.

Just so you know, he start off with a matching pair. But at some point the mate to this magic sock slipped off or got pulled off. But not this one, this one has stayed on. There must be magic woven into this cloth.

I think I am going to see how long this magic lasts.

If you see Large S with just one sock, or mismatched socks, you now know why.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tristen said...

AMEN with the whole sock predicament. Congrats on finding a magic sock! And way to blog about it! :)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:09:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I found that any sock with a fold down lip come off the fastest. Crew cut socks have had a really good rate of staying on Dean.

He has really sweaty feet and the socks just make it worse, so I love that it's summer now and don't have to put socks on him ever (well... sometimes for church).

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Update: The magic sock's magic ran out. >sigh<

It was on the foot when I took Large S out of his crib this morning. And it was still on his foot while I nursed him in bed. But when I got out of the shower and Theric brought Large S to me because Theric had to go to work, the sock was gone. It fell off in my bed somewhere.

Good-bye magic sock, until you are clean again.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home