Monday, August 18, 2008

“Miss” Nemesis No More

Theric and I were lucky enough to get to attend the celebrations surrounding the Blessed Event: Miss Nemesis's marriage to GF.

Now that she is no longer a 'Miss' I guess we shall have to start referring to her as 'Mrs.' or 'Ms.' Nemesis. Hopefully she will advise us on her wishes regarding this matter. I shall refer to her now as 'the Bride'

On with the photos!

The Bride was beautiful.


And happy too--which bodes well for the future of the marriage.


Also, her dress was gorgeous! A perfect fit for the Bride.

The flowers were lovely. I personally loved the green mums.


Also, I thought the stephanotis flowers in the Bride's hair were beautiful--more unique and elegant than a veil.


Upon arriving at the reception site, just a little bit early, Jenny, the Bride's sister, grabbed me and begged me to help decorate the cake with fresh flowers.

Not too shabby considering it was done in five minutes' time.


The hors d'oeuvres were delicious. These cucumber things were Theric's favorite.

He even cut in line to get more of them. Mortifying!


The Bride was blessed with lovely parents. After knowing the Bride since our freshman year of college, I was very happy to finally get to meet her parents in person. I must say the Bride does a spot-on impression of her mother.

Here I captured the Bride's father sharing some 'brief' words. 'Brief' words about how it took his daughter so long to get married. It must have been very embarrassing for the Bride--which may have been the point.

But hey! Thanks for the great reception, Father of the Bride! You pay, you say what you want.

It was beautiful and delicious. I wish I had remembered to take some pictures of the food to share with you, but I was so hungry the food never had a chance to pose.

The whole affair came off without a hitch, as far as I could tell. Though there was that part where the Bride developed a very cute, adoring, flower-carrying, twirling, growth after emerging from the temple. But the Bride dealt with it in a very kind and loving manner.

The whole thing was a lovely affair. Bride, thank you for letting Theric and I attend.

And congratulations, you two lovebirds.

If you want to know more visit the Bride's blog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. Wish I could have been there. Amen to the flowers in lieu of a veil. Very classy and she looks gorgeous as always!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:47:00 AM  
Blogger chosha said...

The cake was beautiful, the bride gorgeous. It's such a sad reflection on my movie tastes that when you said "I shall refer to her now as 'the Bride'" the first thing that came to mind was Uma Thurman in the Kill Bill movies. :)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Chosha: Oh. Um, I have never seen those movies, so there is no reference to those films in my deciding to refer to her as the Bride. Just so you know.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Nemesis said...

Hey, thanks so much for posting these pictures! I don't have my official ones yet, so I keep coming back and looking. So, so glad you and Th could come--now it's my turn to come see YOU.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home