Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Productive?

It's noon and I am still in my bathrobe.

I am rather depressed by this, usually by now I have at least made it into my comfy 'hang around the house' clothes (aka sweat pants and t-shirt). Even more depressing, I haven't showered since Sunday. While reading to the Big O this morning he said "You're smelly Mommy." Thanks kid, I already knew that. Hopefully I will get a shower in today.

So, in order to cheer myself up while in this bathrobed, smelly, unshowered state, I have decided to list what I have accomplished so far today:

1. Slept in till 7:30am and remained in bed for another half-hour snuggling with my boys and
reading to them.

2. Fed children breakfast

3. Fed myself breakfast (!)

4. Put away dishes from last night

5. Did breakfast dishes

6. Changed Large S's diaper, got him dressed and his teeth brushed

7. Reminded Big O to dress himself, make his bed, take his medicine and brush his teeth. All of which he did without protest.

8. Convinced children to play quietly with trains

9. Got refried beans started in the crock pot

10. Intervened in various arguments between children

11. Made children a healthy snack

12. Made granola

13. Brushed my own teeth

14. Let kids outside to play

15. Did more dishes

16. Changed another diaper

17. Comforted a very sad and bleeding Large S

18. Wrote a blog post

Hey, not too bad! So while it might appear by looking at me that nothing has gotten done since 7.30am here in the Thteed household, that is certainly not the case.

However, I'm still really wanting that shower.

2 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

That definitely sounds like a productive morning to me! Although showers are very nice and certainly not overrated.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

I finally got my shower after I had put Large S down for a nap and fed Big O and I lunch. However, I kind of wish that I had just waited to take my shower, since after showering and getting dressed I went outside and did some gardening and edged part of the front lawn, thus getting sweaty and smelly again.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home