Wednesday, November 01, 2006

ROARRRRRR!

It was a good Halloween this year. Even though I felt like I was going to puke the whole time, it was still good.

The Big O was a lion. My mother made the costume for him last year but he refused to wear it, much to my chagrin. But this year, this year he was so excited to be a lion! He even let me draw a nose and whiskers on his face! Amazing!

The Big O went trick or treating for the very first time this year and he did very well. I think having his friend,the Woodsman, along helped. Trick or treating is always more fun with a friend. Not all the houses on our street were doing the Halloween thing, in fact quite a few were not, so they missed out on having the cutest little lion come on their doorstep and harass them for candy. They really missed out. But, there were enough participating houses in the neighborhood for the lion's bag to become too heavy, sending him off balance and begging his parents to shoulder the burden of booty.

The cute lion received many compliments. It's too bad I have no pictures to post because he was SOOOOOO cute. He remembered to say "Trick Treat!" at most of the houses, and by the end was even saying "Tank you!" I think we were out for maybe an hour, at which point the lion was requesting to go home. I'm glad he knows his limits. He had a great time and now he has a bag of candy, the contents of which he is using to replace all of his meals.

It was a good Halloween. I didn't puke, the Big O had a great time, I got to carve two pumpkins and our house looked great. Theric even thought to push the tv up to the front window while we were out with the BIG O, so all passing by could enjoy "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!" It was great.

The only sad part is that we have all this great candy left over and the thought of eating any of it makes me gag. So please, come over and have some.

8 Comments:

Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

You need to take a test! It's killing me!!!!!

AND HOW CUTE IS THAT! I wish I could have seen the little lion. Our light was on and our pumpkins were lit, but I noticed we weren't getting very many trick-or-treaters. I think it's because we live on a cul-de-sac where a good 2/3 of the houses didn't have lights on! Jerks.

It was fun though. I just wish we'd had more cute little kids and less teens (who were not even dressed up!).

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger FoxyJ said...

We didn't get any trick or treaters here. Everyone goes somewhere else with their kids so no one is home to give away candy. The mall right behind us has trick-or-treating so we took S-Boogie over there. Unfortunately we didn't have the time right and showed up at 6:20 when it was supposed to end at 6, but some stores still had candy. S-Boogie didn't realize that she hardly got anything and still had a good time.
This year she also had a totally lame costume, but she loved it. Now she wants to do Halloween again every day!

Oh and I totally understand about the insurance thing. Little Dude isn't going to get his 4 month shots until he's six months old at the rate things are going.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger FoxyJ said...

If I could I would love to drive down there and eat your candy for you. I would also stop at the dollar store and buy you a test.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Foxy,

You probably already know this, but county health centers usually gives kid boosters at a MUCH, MUCH cheaper rate than a Dr.'s office. Like it only costs a low double digit if my memory serves me correctly.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

Here I am - a complete stranger - and I'm dying to know if you ARE pregnant. Sorry you're not feeling well, though. I'm glad you were able to enjoy Halloween anyway!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I wish I could fly out there and eat your candy. Ok, really I wish I could fly out there and visit you. It's been FOREVER!!!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love that he asked to go home at the end of the night! My one year old just kept repeating tiredly, "more doors...more doors" until she fell asleep. Then upon awakening the next day started the chant again.

Sorry to hear about your inability to down the goods! We made short work of our candy and felt sick afterwards. I guess on Halloween you are sick either way. Either you are too sick to eat candy or sick after eating too much candy. Foiled!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trick-or-treaters don't come to singles' housing. Good job, too. I don't like to share my hard earned candy with strangers.

Friday, November 03, 2006 9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home