Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nauseous.

That's how I feel and that's why I have not done a decent post since The Internet got comfortable in our home again.

Since Monday I have had a overpowering feeling of nausea. I do not know why. It has yet to manifest itself in any other way than a yucky feeling in my tummy. This is very frustrating. If I am going to be sick, I like to get it over with as quickly as possible, move on to the healing and return to normal life. But this...Thing...has not been quick.

I feel sick each day. So sick I do not want to leave my bed or do anything that involves moving. I prefer to lay in my bed and moan and try to sleep. Unfortunately this is impossible when you are the mother of a two and a half year old.

What is funny about this nausea (not 'ha-ha' funny, but 'hmm that's interesting' funny) is that it will suddenly just leave. Like yesterday I felt horrible all day. But then, the clock struck 1pm and the nausea vanished. I got a few things done around the house, my visiting teacher came over and then it returned around 5pm.

It's very mysterious. Right now I feel ok, so I thought I would take this nausea-free window and post a real post...about why I haven't been posting.....

Oh I forgot. My allergies have also been horrid. Last Saturday this dry dry wind started blowing from the north. It's all nice and warm and sunny outside except for this cold dry wind, which has brought on the most horrible sneezing and congestion. I cannot wait till it ends.

The result-- the house is littered with Kleenex and emptying bottles of sparkling mineral water and no posts from Lady Steed. Please forgive.

....ohhh.....I feel its return.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

hmmm...nausea?

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Have you taken any tests recently????

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

NO.

I'm too afraid....

Which I know makes no sense based on past posts, but you must realize:
WE HAVE NO MEDICAL INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping that I have some sort of bug which I hear has been going around our ward.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand the concern about medical insurance, however, you wouldn't have to buy any little outfits, so you could save some money there. Because if you had a baby I would buy it ONE GAZILLION LITTLE OUTFITS. Because I really like little baby outfits, especially onesies and those kind where there are little mittens for hands so the babies won't scratch their little faces.
Also the ones where they make the babies look like little baby animals. Because they have little hoods with ears, etc.

Okay, I'm done now.

Friday, October 27, 2006 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yikes! Sounds like you're doing what I would do - ignore it and hope it goes away!

Sorry that you're so under the weather but it's still nice to have you back!

Friday, October 27, 2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Heck. Make the State pay for it...

right?

Friday, October 27, 2006 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ginger and lemon are both really good for nausea. I like getting bags of hard ginger candies (for about $1) from the Asian import-food-mart to suck on whenever I'm feeling car-sick, and they seem to work. And the scent of lemon has helped too, though I've never tried eating particularly lemony things to help with nausea. At any rate, best of luck!

Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Leata - I will not worry so much, should I be pregnant. Knowing a little baby would have a wardrobe provided by you makes me feel much better. And I completely understand your fascination with the cute little baby clothes. They really are just TOO cute.

Sarah - Yep. Hoping it just goes away is how I handle pretty much any ailment.

Kirsa - thanks for the ginger candy idea. I may send Theric out to get some soon. The other day I sliced a lemon and sniffed it all day long because for a moment it made me forget my pain. Plus I like lemon in my water. Theric also went out and got me some ginger beer (note: it's not actually beer but a soda pop) which was really almost to much for me to handle. I don't think it helped, 7-up has been more helpful.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear if you are feeling better. Also: what was the big O for Halloweenie? Are there pictures?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still nauseous? I like to sleep when I feel that way. Actually, I like to sleep no matter how I feel.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home