Monday, July 03, 2006

Snap.Snap.

Today I was packing my Fiesta Ware, wrapping it in bubble wrap. I popped a few of the bubbles.
Snap.Snap.

A memory surfaced of the fun times I would have with my father and brother popping bubblewrap. The bubblewrap came from the packages of stereo equipment my father would get at regular intervals.

We'd be sitting at the table.
I would notice some bubblewrap sitting with us.
I would pop one. Snap.
My brother would pop one. Snap.
My father would pop one. Snap.

It would escalate into a race to see who would pop the last bubble.
It was silly.
It was loud.
It was fun.
Snap.

Well now I can have nearly as much fun playing this.

Ah, the internet.
Giving me fun.
Making noise.
Saving my bubblewrap for it's true purpose.

Snap.

10 Comments:

Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

We put in another fan yesterday and it came with bubble wrap. There is something just so cathardic about twisting and ringing the pops out of it.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:50:00 AM  
Blogger Katria said...

I heart bubble wrap.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Silly: wow, aren't you two the little home improvers!

rachel: snap.snap.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Savvy and I were popping bubble wrap yesterday! It was the really fat kind so I was showing her how to use her heel to pop the bubbles.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

It's important to get them started young. So good work Savvymom.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I love internet bubble wrap almost as much as I love real bubble wrap. Also, there's a really funny episode of Monk where he has to pop an entire sheet of bubble wrap. You probably have to see it to appreciate it.

Friday, July 07, 2006 5:55:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

miss hass-- we just started watching Monk and we love it. We borrowed the first and second season on DVD from some friends. I hope we get to the bubble wrap episode soon.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Wow! Me too. When we found the virtual bubble wrap, I too had to pop every single bubble. Even the ones behind the boxes.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger TannerJ5 said...

yes, bubble wrap is fun. my family and I save it for a month, then we have an all out pop fest.Question, does it snap or pop?I don't know.speaking of popping it with your heel, wouldn't it be cool to see somebody tapdance on it?

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

tanner--ohhhhhhh...tapdancing on bubble wrap, what a great idea!

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home