Friday, May 12, 2006

HOLY FAT!

Two nights ago, Theric and I were reading Leviticus 3 learning all about making sacrificial offerings unto the Lord. How one should kill the animal, how its entrails are to be removed, where the blood is to be flung. It was all very graphic, interesting, and so repetitive.

But then we read this phrase, "All fat belongs to the LORD."

What!? Really?! Awesome!

That means I'm good to go since I'm all fat! YES!

I no longer need to feel guilty when I feel my arteries clogging with fat as I consume Kentucky Fried Chicken, because hey, 'All fat belongs to the Lord' so that makes the fat holy and holy stuff is good for us. Right?

Or maybe it actually means that we shouldn't be consuming fat since it belongs to the Lord and maybe he doesn't want to share it with us for our own good.

Uh-oh.

4 Comments:

Blogger daltongirl said...

To me it means I have much more to offer than some of you. This is excellent news, since I am sadly lacking in other areas. I really need to read the Old Testament more. I also love the part where Isaiah says the Lord delights in fatness. Now, if only you could find me a scripture that says "all pride belongs to the Lord . . .

Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

ROFL. You're so funny. I'm very impressed you're reading the OT together. We tried that the first summer we were married and it died after about a month. D&C was much easier.

Anyway, this is a wonderful discovery you have made. Women everywhere will love you for pointing it out. =)

Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I LOVE you for pointing it out!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! I will gladly give all my fat to the lord! he can have it! it could even be translated out of me and it would be ok. instead I am just slowly working on giving it to him right now.

I have a very hard time believing you are fat.... at all... my sweet little redhead.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home