Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Big O is in the Closet

The Big O has taken to hiding in my closet.

It happened for the first time early this week. I was busy in the kitchen when I realized I could no longer hear him. I called out his name but got no response. I looked in the living room, not there. I looked in his room, not there. I looked in the bathroom, not there. I looked in my room, not there. By this point I am in a slight panic. My child was here just a few minutes ago and now he has
disappeared! Aaaaaah!

But then I heard a sound, a Big O sound.

I followed the sound to my closet, pushed back the curtain and there he was. The Big O of course thought this was very funny, he giggled and laughed. I was relieved.

He has scared me a few more times this week, vanishing
g to his hiding spot. But the Big O seems to really enjoy hiding in the closet. He'll be watching a dvd then stand up and move on in to the closet, then continue watching for a while from there. Or he'll go there and just sit by himself. And other times he is deliberately hiding from myself or his daddy.

I guess hiding in the closet is cute?

Or is he a spy?














14 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

Now that Sophie can work the sliding doors, she really likes hiding in our closet when she can. She'll get a few of her stuffed animal friends and hide in there, then laugh hysterically when you open the door and find her. She also likes to hide in a large cupboard in our bathroom--she calls it her "shower" and will step in, shut the door, and tell us she's taking a shower. There's something about kids and small enclosed spaces...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Or maybe . . . well . . . I'll just refrain.

Of course, this does remind me of the controversial Tom Cruise on South Park episode from last season.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:28:00 PM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

*gasp*

Whatever future he had in the spy business is now ruined because you put his picture online without his eyes blocked out! Way to go.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Foxy. Am glad to know the Big O is not the only toddler that enjoys closet time. Though maybe all the toddlers are going there to get spy training.

Edgy I have never seen that episode of South Park. In fact I've only ever seen about four episodes of that show.

OH NO! Master FOB what have I done!
It's ok though, I'm not so sure I want my son to be a spy.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Melyngoch said...

umm, when I think of people hiding "in the closet" I don't really think of spies.

but you know.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger Cricket said...

well, if he's questioning later in life, you can't say you had no idea...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

LOVE the picture.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

The Big O, by means of that picture, received today the highest of all possible compliments:

Dude. He is so gangster.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kirk L. Shaw said...

Has he started a hoard in the closet yet? That's what I did when I wanted some time alone as a kid...to the closet with the Ritz crackers.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

HEY! how come nobody has commented on the fact that I let my child handle a weapon and then took a picture of it?

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

iguana--he has not begun to eat in the closet yet. this is probably because i do not allow food out of the kitchen.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

<mouthfull>Oh really. Crap.</mouthfull>

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I can't believe how all grown up he is. His own Glock and everything. Wow. Good for him!

Sunday, April 23, 2006 4:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought i had mentioned how.... ugh i just can't do it. i wanted to say "dead sexy" your son is with that little gun, but i just can't seem to say that about someone who's like more than 20 years my junior...

however, you should put some bond girls in pictures with him....

Saturday, May 20, 2006 2:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home