Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Foreshadowing?


I've just rolled out of bed.

I just had a disconcerting dream regarding our move tomorrow.

I will share it with you now.

It was the morning of the move. I woke up in bed and stared at the ceiling. I got out of bed. But Theric would NOT wake up. He just kept sleeping, and sleeping. Even though his alarm kept going off and I was trying to wake him up every few minutes!

(In not dreamland Theric's alarm was actually going off every five minutes for at least an hour, but he was not waking....)

Dreamland: We were supposed to get the truck at 8.30 am, it is now 9.30 am and apparently it is our complex's moving day. There are people everywhere. Some moving in, others moving out. It is madness. I look out the bedroom window and there are boxes and fridges and furniture everywhere. I see a cousin of Theric's and her husband walk by carrying boxes. They must be moving in, which is sad since we are now moving out.

Into our bedroom walks Foxy J carrying a box and asking when Theric's going to wake up and go get the truck because there are people here ready to help us load. I discuss my frustration with her, then she walks out of the apartment with the box.

I walk into the living room and there are strange people there. Their boxes are now mixed with ours. Their furniture is blocking the door. ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! This is why Theric was supposed to wake up early so we would be out before the other people move in!!

I walk back to the bedroom.

Theric is gone.

I run outside into the crowd.

I do not see him. I start running from apartment to apartment looking for him. All these apartments are MUCH nicer than ours, They are painted pretty colors and decorated nicely. In one apartment I comment to the tenant about her wall--the bottom is painted a lavender color and the top is painted a green color. I tell her I like the green. She tells me it is called "skeleton green." (We'll get to do some painting in our new house; I'll have to look for that color.) These apartments also have built in drawers and lots of closet space. I keep thinking: "Why is our apartment so crappy!" I walk in on people doing things I would rather not see, people talking on cell phones, and children playing with stuffed animals and putting books on shelves.

I try to return to my apartment, but now I can't find it. Everytime I walk into one I am sure is mine, someone else has already moved in their stuff and is busy unpacking. I am frantic.

I go back outside to the parking lot. I see our car. I see Theric in the car, with someone else pulling away. I run. I yell.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

They are gone. ARRRGGGHHHH!!! He can't get the truck without me because I made the reservation. They must see MY two forms of ID.

ME.

MY ID, not Theric's.

He will have to drive all the way to the truck place get rejected then return to the complex to take me to the truck rental place . We probably won't get the truck for another hour!

I start trying to find someone I know to take me to the truck place. I find my in-laws but they ignore me because I sent Oliver up to the Bay Area with my mother while they were gone in Idaho: the Gem State.

(This is actually true. The Big O is with his OTHER grandparents this week. Theric's parents are not happy about this. They were in Idaho and I sent Big O with my mother while they were still there. They are most upset since they did not get to say good-bye to him and my mom in-law had thought she would get to have him for a day before we moved. But because my mom took him off our hands Monday morning, we were able to get everything done much much faster. Besides, we will be visiting Theric's parents in about two weeks, it's not as if we are never returning. Sigh.)

Dream:

My in-laws ignore me.

Someone has set up a large model railroad on the grass. Suddenly the Big O is back and running across the track, very excited to watch the little train go by.

I am frustrated, angry and very hot.

I hear Theric's alarm go off again.

End dream.



I hope tomorrow, Moving Day, doesn't go anything like that. Because I just might go mad if it does and Theric will have to put me in some sort of institution. I'm not so sure I like institutions.

Hopefully my madness will not stem from a crazy move, but from Internet withdrawal.

Today we will return the Adelphia modem.

We may not get internet again for quite a while.

Good-bye blog world.

In better news: with the Big O gone and our packing complete, we have one free day!

To reward ourselves we will be going out to breakfast at the AV's famed Crazy Otto's. Then we will treat ourselves to a matinee showing of The Pirate movie.

Me timbers are already shivering.

9 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

Stress always brings out the weird dreams. Last night I had a wacky one about my trip to Vegas next week. I was panicking because I discovered that I hadn't brought any baby soap or washcloths. Then Skye offered to bathe the baby, but when I checked on her he was completely under the water! We pulled him out and she apologized, but then I couldn't find his pajamas. Totally weird. At least Skye won't be there next week to drown my baby.

Anyways, good luck with the move and don't let Th get away without you!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

Wait. How did you know that Foxy is coming to help you guys move? That was supposed to be a surprise.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger Melyngoch said...

Sometime I should tell you about my nightmare centered on Grimm's Law. Then again, it lacked these evidences of enormous life-upsetting stress, so it might not be as compelling.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger TannerJ5 said...

Now the question is, how many wacked out memories had to go through the bleander to come out with this smoothie of horror?

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe that you were completely packed with NOTHING to do a complete day before your move. That has never happened to me. As organized as I try to be, we are always throwing stuff in unlabeled boxes at the last minute. So the first 90% of junk is perfectly stored, labeled and catalogued, and the last 10% is a hopeless mess.

you definitely deserve the good lunch and movie and a pat on the back for that accomplishment.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you guys get your internet up and running soon! We'll miss you :)

My only disturbing dream that I've been having ever since I was little is that I'm being pelted by tennis balls. Snaps me out of bed every time. I could use a nice long complicated one like you had to switch stuff up a bit. Good luck with the move!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I'll miss you! I hope that your moving day is great and that Theric gets the truck.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Wow. That post was totally worth the wait! I hope everything goes smoothly. I had crazy dreams for awhile before we packed up and moved. Now that we are here I keep dreaming that people kidnap my children or they drown in the ocean (sometimes they get eaten by sharks) becuase I'm reading a book and not paying attention. Good times. I think they've been tapering off though.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:07:00 PM  
Blogger Katria said...

Yea for crazy dreams. I don't envy you your move, but then, I get to make one myself in another month. Hurrah for single student living and moving every nine months!

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home