Monday, March 13, 2006

Month of Abject Poverty:Report Two

The Thteeds did much better during the second week of March. No unallowed purchases. Just allowed purchases of gas, milk, cheese, corn tortillas, flour tortillas and bread. Hooray for us.

However, we did have outflow of money that fell into the Ambiguous, but Absolutely Necessary category:
1. Renewal and upgrade of Costco Membership
2. Renewing Car Insurance Policy and adding me to it.

Both of these expenditures were huge and will pretty much negate any saving we have this month. ...sigh...

Perhaps April will be a Month of Poverty too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katria said...

Two month's of poverty really isn't that long... only 61 days. I've decided that I will reward myself with one small thing after Easter if I make it that long.

Monday, March 13, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Smal like....a chocolate rabbit warren?

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your second week. Don't be too discouraged by those ambiguous but necessary expenses. Just think, had you not been a good girl this week you would have had the necessary purchases plus a couple target goodies, plus a couple new books, etc.

It's a good thing Th. has come up with a new way to spice up your food staples. =) That should at least help give the illusion of variety, right?

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Yeah, except we're outta salami now.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Katria said...

I'd send you some salami, but 1) You live far away (no idea of your address because I don't actually know you, either and 2)It's not on my list of allowed goods.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I just added up my credit card bills and it appears that about 5 years of abject poverty are in order. Either that or I REALLY have to start taking my own lunch to school.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home