Monday, March 06, 2006

Stood Up

Yesterday I got stood up by my new visiting teachers. I haven't even met them yet and they already don't want to date...er visit me!

(SOB!!SNIFF!! NO one LIKES me!!!...Whoa, pull it together woman!....Breathe....Ok, better now. Let's continue.)

One of them called me on Thursday to set up the appointment. We settled on Monday at 4.30pm. I spent most of the day trying to make the apartment look presentable. At 4.15pm I had Theric and Big O go into the bedroom and settle into a movie. 4.30pm came, passed and no knock on the door. Soon it was 5.30pm. I decided they must not be coming.

Now I don't feel insulted by this or anything. I am sure there is a good reason for their not showing up. I can think of a few occasions in the past when I failed to show up for a visiting teaching appointment I made. But I can't help but wonder if this is a foreshadowing of my future with these new visiting teachers. I hope not. I would really like to have good visiting teachers while we are here in the AV-it will make living here a little more palatable.

5 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

I'm still getting used to the latest set that got assigned to me. Last month they were almost an hour late, and actually only one came. Then, after chatting with me for half an hour, she whipped out a brochure for some kind of "wonder mop" that she sells and was trying to get me to buy it. Weird.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Woah, that is weird.

Sometimes I think there needs to be some more REAL training for being a Visiting Teacher. Like when the Relief Society President asks you if you would be willing to be one, she schedules you for Visiting Teaching Training. Or maybe she would just hand you an outline of what a Visiting Teacher should and shouldn't do. Because some people obviously have no clue what they are doing and really need and might even appriciate such help.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Maybe that should be your calling lady. You could be the VT teacher.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I have not had many visiting teachers, which to a point I am ok with. when I have they don't know what to do with me. they don't really know how to relate to me. the one I have now I think has good intentions, but ends up making me feel bad most of the time I see her. so I try to talk about meaningless stuff the whole time so I don't have to feel...... unhappy about myself at the end....

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

I think that training idea is a really good idea. I suppose it's supposed to be integrated with other stuff, but it seems to me that new members and the newly 18s deserve a bit of a crash course.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home