Saturday, March 04, 2006

tagging/four things...thing...

Four Jobs I've Had
Newspaper Delivery Girl
Candlemaker
Bed and Breakfast Receptionist/Housekeeper
Graphic Designer for Marriott School Alumni Relations, BYU

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again
Napoleon Dynamite
About a Boy
Pride & Prejudice (A&E mini-series and the one directed by Andrew Black)
Legally Blonde

Four Places I've Lived
Millbrae, CA
Moss Beach, CA
Provo, UT
Tehachapi, CA

Four TV Shows I Love
Home Movies
Malcolm in the Middle (Got the first season for Christmas and have already watched it twice.)
Cowboy Bebop
Good Eats

Four Highly Regarded and Recommended TV Shows That I've Never Watched a Full Episode of
Lost
24
My Name Is Earl
Everybody Hates Chris
(and practically any other one you could name. We don't have tv.)

Four Places I've Vacationed
Europe
Yellowstone
Crater Lake
Santa Rosa

Four of My Favorite Dishes
Bruschetta
Zabaione
Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup
Roast Chicken with Roast Vegetables

Four Sites I Visit Daily
Comics.com
Miss Nemesis' Voice of Reason
thmazing’s thmusings
Foxy J's Yellow Wallpaper

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
My Parent’s house
The Beach
Any Art Museum
A Dance class

Four Bloggers I Am Tagging
I refuse to do this…..I don't even know four other bloggers that have not already done this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katya said...

Wait -- you were a candlemaker? How cool is that? For whom were you a chandler? (Yeah, I had to get in the proper term for "one whose trade it is to make or sell candles." I'm just feeling a little insecure in such cool company.)

Sunday, March 05, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

katya

Yep, I made candles during my time in high school. The mother of a friend of mine had her own company called Waxworks. I tried to see if it still exsisted but could not find them. I found lots of other companies with the same name but they were not the one I worked for.

I worked for this lady off and on from the time she started her company. At first we (me, her and all my other high school friends) would go over to her house and make candles for her, just for fun. Then once she was able to sell them she began to pay us. Eventually she moved into a huge warehouse and I went there as a paid hourly employee to make candles. It was just me and all these mexican ladies. I was the only english speaker. It was kind of fun. I have memories of the smell of meltted wax and the constant ompahh of mexican mariachi music.

What we did was dip plain white candles in different colors of wax to make really cool patterns. So I'm not so sure if I was an actual chandler, but it was a neat thing to do.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, Legally Blonde?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home