Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sitting for a Portriat

Tuesday my mother and I took the Big O over to Kiddie Kandids to have his two year old portriats taken. Kiddie Kandids is my favorite place to have the Big O's portriat taken. In my experience ( I have now used three different Kiddie Kandid locations: Provo Towne Center, one at Antelope Valley Mall and most recently the location at Tanforan Mall) the girls that work there (I have never encountered a male at KK) are all very friendly and well trained in what they are doing. I have yet to have a negative experience and I have taken the Big O for portriats there at least 4 times. I have taken the Big O to The Picture People and they were no good, in fact they were horrible. We have also been to the JC Penny Portriat studio and they were ok but just not as good as Kiddie Kandids.

On Tuesday Kiddie Kandids preformed exceptionally well considering what they had to work with: a uncoporative, very energetic, and contrary two year old. Which is really how two year olds are most of the time, but I hoped the Big O would be good for just long enough to get these portriats taken. Oh how very wrong I was.

The Big O wanted nothing to do with having his picture taken. He was a little pill the whole time. Once I finally convinced him it would be safe to sit up on the picture taking area, he would not leave my lap. Or he would sit one pace over from the spot where he needed to be to get a good picture. He didn't even want to play with his train! I thought that by bringing his little train that spells out his name it would not only make for a really cute picture but also keep him happy. But I was wrong. As soon as I would set the train up he would push it off the edge of the bench! It was so frusturating! The girl working with us was very patient and she tried so hard to get the Big O to warm up to her, she was amazing. Eventually the Big O did warm up to her a little bit and would go and stand for a split second in the area he needed to been in to get the shot. I think it took us about an hour and a half to get three decent shots!

It was a very exhausting experience but in the end I think I got some good pictures of the Big O.
If you would like to see some very small versions of portriats email me and I'll send you a link.

14 Comments:

Blogger Nemesis said...

Yay, you finally started blogging!

I am so happy! Sniffle, sniffle . . .

Also, what's up with calling me a Faux Brit? We're fighting now, I'll have you know.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Nem--

You should know that I put her first three links in just to show her how it was done. I'm sure she will change once she gets a sense of things.

(Like always, the man is to blame.)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:55:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

yeah, no kidding. a man is always to blame.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger stupidramblings said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Lady Steed. Watch out for the Stupid. I hear he's rather unsavory...

Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger FoxyJ said...

I think that taking pictures of two year olds should be forbidden. When Skye was taking our family one last week, we had about a 10 minute window of posing and then Sophie was done. She wouldn't even let us hold her or look at her or anything. Aargh!

Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

Hey, I just noticed you (I presume) made an avatar for Theric. Very cool.

The pics are quite cute (albeit small) considering the ordeal you described.

Oh, and why Lady Steed?

Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - that is one cute kid! I'm impressed with the squirm-fighting abilities of your photographer!

Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Cricket said...

I've nvere tried KK... They're next on my list- I've been everywhere else!!

Friday, December 30, 2005 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Dr. Danskin.....?

Are you who I think you are?

When did you become a doctor?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Lady Steed?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to know too. Why Lady Steed?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a mad scientist...haven't you heard?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

No, but I'm happy to hear it.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadly, i can realte to this....

not because i have children, and not because i have worked at KK, but because i in fact worked for santa and the easter bunny at the mall. and many a child who did not want their photo taken has crossed my path...

ah the joys of a 2 year old.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home