Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I must be stressed...

...because I woke up this morning with a cold sore.

What could be stressing me out you ask?

1. I am leading a book group discussion tomorrow and prior to waking up this morning had yet to finish the book. (I finished it this afternoon! Yipee!! Now to come up with discussion topics...eek!)

2. I set a goal to have this years LDotFMotNY letter all finished by this Saturday--I can see no way this will happen.

3. I'm doing Sharing Time in Primary on Sunday and I have yet to even look at the materials provided to me by the Stake.

4. The pile of dishes in the kitchen has taken over nearly all the counter space I have--I fear the pile may fall on top of me.

5. I have yet to finish, never mind send out, the 'Thank you' cards the Big O and I started two weeks ago.

6. The Thteeds need a new car. The Thteeds have very limited resources to purchase a said car.

These are the major things, I won't bore you with the small ones.

Oh! I forgot one--

7. I now have a cold sore--and two public appearances where I will be the one leading the activity, the person people will be looking at. I don't think this cold sore will be leaving anytime soon.

It will be hanging around, blighting my otherwise normal face.

When you see me next please do not stare.

11 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

Maybe you can get the cold sore to do the dishes for you.

Or, if anyone mentions the cold sore, their punishment is to do your dishes...

Hope things get better soon!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:58:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

.

It's worth mentioning that she already read the book both last month and a few months before that. And a few years before that. It's not like she'd never read it before.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Sorry, that was me. She's not that stressed.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Foxy, great ideas

th: Hey! Why don't YOU do the dishes?!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I'm suddenly more grateful for the huge pile of paper and file folders on my kitchen counters.

I hope things calm down for you!

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't stress about book group! You know we're a friendly lot!

th: Yeah, why don't you do the dishes? While she's at book group! We can even keep her out late so you have extra time to finish.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Bezerk: I am feeling much better now that I have finished the book and had the chance to read through the discussion guides I found online. I just hope our group members have something to say.

I was able to do some dishes--the piles are no longer so dangerous. Though there are still plenty left for TH. to do while I am gone tonight.

Also, cold sore still present.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Tristen said...

I'm all for th doing the dishes! Go th!

Friday, January 25, 2008 8:05:00 AM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Jeez, people---I got a paper to read! a pipe to smoke!

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

th - no medical marijuana on the job.

lady steed - book group was great. Enjoyed the conversation tangent into texting and how the "young" people never write real letters anymore.

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

I was really interested in that when Lady Steed told me you all talked about that. I had never thought about it before.

Perhaps kids these days will be better prepared for when we go totalitarian.

Alarm!

Friday, January 25, 2008 5:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home