Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chronicle of Thteed Illness: Part Two

I had been waiting to write this update once each and every Thteed was fully healthy, but I think that such a thing may never happen.

I am mostly pleased to write that the Thteeds are practically, and very nearly, fully healthy. How long this may last is of course an unknown, so it must be celebrated while it is happening.

Since the last discussion of illnesses I got another cold and so did the Large S. Theric has managed to stay well since he got over his last cold. The Big O's coughs and sniffles finally ceased sometime last week. And only yesterday would I consider the Large S to be recovered fully--the constant stream of snot on his face has stopped and no more phlegmy cough.

The cold that struck me arrived Christmas day. A most unwelcome gift. Besides not being able to breathe freely the worst part was that my sense of taste was gone.

Imagine you are surrounded by tasty delicious foods. Some of them your favorites, delicacies that are served up only at Christmastime, but you can't taste them! You keep putting them in your mouth, chewing and hoping, hoping and wishing, that suddenly your taste will return--but no. NO TASTE.

It was rather depressing. But by New Year's the cold was mostly gone and most importantly my taste was back! Huzzah! Life could have extra joy again!

I thought we were all done with stuffy noses, sniffles and coughs. This Monday Large S's nose stopped dribbling and the Big O coughed only in the morning. But then I began to feel a cold creeping it's way into my system on Tuesday. Grrrr.

It's not very bad. And yesterday I managed to get a nap in plus I have been drinking lots of water, taking loads of Vitamin C and Airborne. Today I feel improved.

Hopefully improvement will continue and the Thteed home will become illness free for longer period of time than a week.

One can hope can't they?


Blogger Miss Hass said...


Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger FoxyJ said...

I will hope for you. We went through an entire winter when S-Boogie was about 18 months with illness after illness. That was when she ended up in the hospital. Dreadful.

I would urge caution in declaring illness-free status. Last week I noted that Little Dude had been healthy for at least six months. The next day he came down with a virus that still hasn't left. Blah.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Edgy said...

I will hope for you as well. Though I must confess to ulterior motives . . . I'm looking forward to my copy of TLDOTFMOTNY newsletter.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

thanks for your hopes!

edgy:work has begun on the letter and we hope to get it out closer to on time this year. however, working on it may in fact slow the improvement of my health.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home