Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Safe Alternative to Thomas

I don't know about you, but all these toy recalls due to lead paint and other toxic chemicals, have me a little bit scared.

What makes it more scary is how many of those toys seemed to be Thomas the Tank Engine toys. The Big O loves those Thomas the Tank Engine trains. Me, I do not love them. I far prefer BRIO engines and track--higher quality and perfect for imaginative play. But the Big O has many Thomas toys, most all given to him by his grandparents, and he wants more. But NO; no more Thomas toys. No more chances of lead poisoning.

But I have discovered an alternative! This great toy train company, Whittle Shortline Railroad. Their trains and track are handmade in the USA and NO LEAD PAINT!! Kid Safe! Yipeeeee!!!

So if you have a little boy who loves trains I suggest you buy him trains and track from this place. They look to be of the highest quality and you won't have to worry at all about lead paint poisoning--which, I think, is pretty great.

We will be buying this for the Big O who tells me he now wants to be a mailman when he grows up.

Happy railroading!

1 Comments:

Blogger cchrissyy said...

I love their delivery vehicles and school bus. actually, they're one of the companies I've contacted for my store in a last-minute push to prepare for the holidays. :)

Sunday, November 11, 2007 1:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home