Friday, October 05, 2007

Reasons why I am bummed

1. I am sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. And today it is much worse than yesterday. Whatever it is has moved down into my throat and lungs, making my asthma act up. My inhalers are ineffective. I can't breathe very well. Theric says I sound like Darth Vader. I feel lightheaded.

2. Because I was sick I missed Trader Joe's Night at this month's enrichment meeting. (There was also a service auction; that was the main activity. People were to bring food from Trader Joe's to make up the refreshments.) I had been so looking forward to sampling the Trader Joe's food. They have so many things I have yet to try and this was going to be the perfect opportunity. But no, I had to go and get sick. GRRRRRR......

3. Remember this cute picture?




Well, one of the pumpkins looks like this now:



I am SO mad.

Theric walked out onto the front porch this afternoon to find a squirrel inside my pumpkin!

The rodent also mauled two others:



Only one remains unscathed.

We watched it scamper off. I'm thinking about hiring this guy to hunt the varmint down. Though I will only pay bounty if he provides me with the dead squirrel's body.

I have learned, though, that I am not the only person to have this happen to their darling pumpkins. Check out this video, and this blog.

Stupid squirrels.
Stupid being sick.

7 Comments:

Blogger Th. said...

.

Fever!

Wheezing!

She can walk, but otherwise she's about as sick as I've ever seen her.

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger Sposita said...

Get better soon!

And sadness, much sadness that your pumpkins have been disfigured.

And sadness, also, that you missed the activity. It was tasty. mmmmmmm.

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Recession Cone said...

Скорее выздоравливай!
And a pox on the furry tailed rats!

Friday, October 05, 2007 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I was wondering why I didn't see you there on Thursday!! I really did think about sending you an email...then I forgot. I'm sorry! I hope you start feeling better - definitely let us know if you need anything (even though you didn't BID on my service, I'd be happy to bring you something!!).

Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

So sad.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wednesday. I have the day off. Call me to watch kiddies, do dishes, or chase rodents.

Monday, October 08, 2007 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Another pumpkin has suffered death by squirrel!!! It was still attached to the vine!! ARGHHH!!!!! I HATE those fluffy tailed rats!

Monday, October 08, 2007 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home