Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Baby Maker

da Vinci drawing
Yesterday I had my monthly visit with my midwife. It's nice to go in and have a knowledgeable person check you out and make sure your pregnancy is proceeding properly, and at this visit I had a more thorough inspection than usual.

After her inspection, my midwife told me that she felt I could birth a nine-pound baby "easy".

Hmm. Interesting.

That I have "a lot of room in there."

Really?!

And that I seem to be especially well made for birthing babies.

Oh my, that is surprising.

She too seemed surprised. As well as pleased and impressed.

After all, she knows that the Big O was delivered by C-section and that with this baby I am going for a V-BAC.

I am encouraged by her findings. It's nice to know that it's likely this baby will arrive the way most do.

However, I am also amused to find out my structural design appears to be especially ideal for baby production. And not small wimpy babies mind you, oh no, big healthy strapping babies. Babies that have the greatest chance for survival and carrying on the species due to their hugeness.

I had always assumed that Theric's decision to marry me was based solely on the merits of my intellect, the marvelous meshing of our personalities, and that our temperaments are so perfectly suited. But now, well, now I have doubts about this. I suspect his decision to marry me may have been based more on . . . my . . . pelvic merits. And fallopian and uterine.

Sigh. How romantic . . . .

So I guess you can just call me Lady Baby Maker Steed, the Ultimate Perpetuator of the Species.

6 Comments:

Blogger daltongirl said...

I had a doctor tell me I was "built for babies." My friends used to tease me about it all the time. Then I ended up having only one. My tiny-pelvis friend who teased me most has about twelve--I lost count.

Somehow I feel I have not filled the measure of my creation . . .

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:29:00 AM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

S-Boogie, Little Dude, the Big O, and Macduff all resent your assertion that cesarean-birthed babies are somehow less than "normal" ones. How many Scottish kings have you killed lately? Hm?

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Sposita said...

i consoled myself through puberty (when my hips started widening) that at least I would be "built for babies" - alas, I've had no second opinion to back me up.

i'm jealous.

i'm also glad you got to go to your appointment after all.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

daltongirl: I have my doubts about my appearance and my actual ability. I do not believe the two correlate.

Master fob: I am a cesarean baby. I like to say that cesarean babies are a cut above.

'sposita: I find it interesting that at puberty age you had already come to terms with your true biological purpose. I am still trying to come to terms with it.

silly: yeah, awesome.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm deffy built for babies, too. Lot's o'room. So much room, in fact, that I'm pretty sure when I have a baby it will come pre-loaded with its own outfits, bottles, toys...and maybe a crib, too.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger Sposita said...

i'm easily brainwashed, that's all. =)

Friday, March 09, 2007 9:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home