Monday, March 05, 2007

Did I say Swan Lake?

Because what I really meant was The Sleeping Beauty.


Which I have seen before.

I saw it back in 1990 when the SF Ballet performed it for the first time.

Did you know that it is one of the most difficult ballets to preform? I didn't. But after watching it, it's difficulty was obvious. I was amazed so many times during the performance. The male parts were especially impressive. It was wonderful.

Plus, my steak was really good too.

The only sad part of the weekend was that the Big O got really sick, and is still sick. He has the flu. He has a fever and since Sunday, has slept nearly all of each day away. He feels miserable. I hope he gets well soon.


6 Comments:

Blogger Recession Cone said...

I have fond memories of seeing the Sleeping Beauty performed by the The Perm Ballet during my mission. The dancing was spectacular, but I really love the music, too - especially the "Puss in Boots" theme which was later used as the soundtrack for the spinning wheel in Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Such slinky oboes and english horns!

Monday, March 05, 2007 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The only ballets I've seen performed are The Nutcracker and Swan Lake but both blew me away. I'm sure I'd love Sleeping Beauty - the problem now lies in convincing my husband he wants to see it to. The poor man grew up in Montana and has a "culture kills" philosophy I've been trying to work with.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Sarah--my mother took me to the ballet with her because my dad refused to go with her. So, you should go with a friend and make your hubby watch the kid.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Wait, RC. You saw Sleeping Beauty AND The Nutcracker? What the heck?

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Recession Cone said...

Did your mission not have cultural outings? We had them once a month. Mmmm.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

My life sucks.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home