Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday New/Old Shiny Pans

My mom just gave me these two new/old pans. Aren't they pretty?
I was putting away the box they were originally shipped in and took a close look at the postage:
.
April 23, 1969?!
Happy Birthday Wear-Ever No.540 Set (Silver), today you are 41 years old.
You are older than me. I sure do hope you have some great culinary wisdom to share with me.
For your birthday I will take some pictures of you. SMILE!
My mother got this box and it's contents from a neighbor. The neighbor had recently helped a friend clear out their house and the friend was "kind of a pack rat".
I really like the way these pans look. I especially like the starburst detail on the lid handles. I also think the graphics on the box are quite cool. Plus, they came just when I wanted them. I had just been contemplating buying some new pots and pans since the ones we got as a wedding gift were getting a bit scary. They were teflon and very scratched and I was getting worried about all the chemicals they must have been leaching into our food. I was pretty excited when my mom told me she had these. She just saved me a nice chunk of change and kept these pots out of the landfill. Nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Th. said...

.

Only $1.85 to ship? We should mail things to ourselves from 1969 more often!

Friday, April 23, 2010 8:03:00 PM  
Anonymous berzerkcarrottop said...

That's totally awesome, dude!

(Or however they would have said it in 1969)

Monday, April 26, 2010 2:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home