Monday, July 02, 2007

Two Weeks

The smallest Jepson is now two weeks old. He doesn't do much but sleep and eat. And, mostly, it's sleeping that he likes the best. Proving that he is indeed Theric's offspring.

He had his two-week, well-child checkup today. He now weighs 8lbs. 12 oz and is still 21.5" long. Way to go! That extra pound explains the constant eating and sleeping. Pack on those pounds little guy!

He's very squeaky and hiccuppy. He's not noisy generally but is a very noisy eater--you'd think there was some sort of wild animal nursing at my breast and not a sweet little baby.

He reached an important landmark this afternoon: The Poop-All-Over-Mommy Milestone. It was surprising to me, and very messy, but he definitely knew what he was doing. First, while I was changing him, he peed all over his clothes. Then, when I turned to grab a wipe, he made a horrible sound; I turned just in time to see a rainbow of poop turn into a pot of gold all down my pant leg. Good job, son! (And hopefully my clothes will be all right.)

Sadly I had to trim his beautiful fingernails last week. I was afraid he would scratch himself with those manicured lovelys. You know, like he'd scratched me.

At this time we have yet to come up with a blognym for him. We're working on that. In the meantime here are some pictures:







4 Comments:

Blogger FoxyJ said...

First I looked at the pictures and felt sad that I don't have a little one like that anymore. Then I read the post and remembered the wild animal eating and the massive pooping and felt a little better. But he is a sweetie, so enjoy this time as much as you can. It will be gone before you know it. (I'm crossing my fingers that he'll keep being a good sleeper for you.)

Monday, July 02, 2007 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I love his frog legs! He is adorable.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

foxy: I am definitely enjoying his newness. He is just such a sweet little thing...even if he does do gross things like poop on me.

miss hass: I know! The frog legs are so cute and funny! I had forgotten about baby frog legs.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to say...such a precious baby!! Congratulations!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home