Saturday, May 19, 2007

Short Alphabet

Did you know that there is a short alphabet?

All this time we've been messing around with 26 letters when we could have been saving time using the shortened version.

A B C D E F G H I................W X Y Z

It was the Big O who pointed out the existence of the short alphabet to me. He was washing his hands, singing the alphabet song, as he has been taught, so as to be sure he washes long enough to kill all the germs. So as he was washing, I noticed that he skipped a large section of the alphabet. I pointed this out to him. "

Big O you forgot J K L M N O P Q R S T U V."

To which he replied, "No Mama, me didn't. Me singing short alphabet."

Oh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lady Steed said...

He's been doing this for a while, say at least a month. I think He first did back in the beginning of April, possibly the end of Feb. He doesn't do it as much lately. In fact on May 7th, we sang the whole alphabet together while he washed his hands. usually when I try to do this with him he 'corrects' me and tells me the "No Mommy I sing short alphabet!"

He really likes his short alphabet.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

It certainly simplifies spelling as well. Although it complicates reading.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 2:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

So this is totally off the subject, but you should know anyway. There's a Lori Berkner kid song called 'Victor Vito and Freddie Vasco' and it's also a book and they drive from El Cerrito all the way to Alaska in it. The big O might like it. My 3 year old loves the song.

Monday, May 21, 2007 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

That kid is so cute! Someday I'll get to meet him...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:45:00 PM  
Blogger Katria said...

I actually dreamed about the short alphabet last night. Freaky.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Katria--Really!! was it hard to speak?

Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Melyngoch said...

That's lovely. He should go into politics.

Friday, May 25, 2007 9:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home