Saturday, March 31, 2007

And they're off!!!


Who will get theirs first?

The LDOTFMOT letters are finally out of my hands. After nearly an hour wait at the post office and Theric walking straight smack into a glass wall, they are on their way. Their arrival, to those who requested them, now lies in the hands of the United States Postal Service. If you don't get one, blame them. Though the post person did warn us that they may all come back to us since they were almost, just barely, too thick. Huh. So, let's hope the post office workers are all having a good day and let the letters race on by.

You all truly have something to look forward to. I do not know how many times I have said to Theric, "I wish I would get something this cool in the mail."

I hope you all enjoy them and that you take the time to appreciate the many, many long hours, sweat and tears (yes, there were actual tears this time, though that may have had something to do with my emotional pregnant state) that went into their creation. And I am not talking only about the writing. Theric did the writing; I did everything else. My part is much more time consuming and physically and emotionally draining. The creation of this year's letter was like giving birth to a child.

So take care of my babies.

Enjoy them, love them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Recession Cone said...

I have to say, this year's LDOTFMOTNY letters are a thing of beauty and wonder - excellent work.

I think my favorite part was the resolution to a cliffhanger that has been worrying me no end since last year's LDOTFMOTNY - would the bears strike back this year or would the Thteeds continue their valiantly wanton, rampageous crusade against the pesky critters? I was relieved to see the bears shut out - again! Whew, what a relief!

Saturday, March 31, 2007 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

I would just like to point out to all your other fans that I have had my copy for a couple weeks now, which makes me immeasurably special. I would also like to point out that while we were in Utah I read the 1906-1907 side to my brother and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. This, of course, was after we'd already enjoyed the fine craftsmanship and shed a tear or two ourselves.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

master fob and recession cone... SHHH!!! You're making everyone else jealous, they won't have theirs for at least three more days.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

Sadness struck this afternoon. Two letters came back to us with 'not enough postage' stickers stuck on their lovely mailing labels. I hope that these are the only two that get returned and that the rest are happily on their way out into the universe.

I wonder if these two little letters did something naughty to be punished in such a way?

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Maybe it was just postal workers having a bad day so they slapped on the return to sender. I for one am excited and a bit jealous of the others who have theirs. Good luck with the postage!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Matt's guess is that those had more spit on it when you sealed em shut. Just enough to put them over the limit.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home