Friday, March 11, 2011

Bad Mommy

For the last two or three days Baby A has been refusing to drink milk.

Each time I handed him his kleankanteen sippy cup (see above) he has eagerly grabbed it, taken a sip, returned it to me and then started crying. And I would take the sippy cup and place it back in the fridge. Today he refused to even take it from me when I offered it to him--he just started crying. I have been very confused by this since Baby A loves milk. When he wants some he runs to the fridge and bangs on the door until I open it up and hand him his sippy cup. I have been rather confused as to why he has been refusing it for the last two days.

But this evening the confusion was all cleared up when I decided it was probaly time to give the sippy cup a washing. Oh what a suprise I found.

Turns out his sippy did not contain milk in the liquid form. Oh no, it had moved onto the realm of solids-- the milk had become cheese. And not yummy cheese, sour stinky cheese.

To Baby A I offer this apology: I'm sorry I have been trying to making you drink sour chunky milk for the last three days. I am sorry that I have become such a negligent mother. Trust me, I'm feeling pretty bad right now. I hope you can forgive me and that I have not caused you to hate milk or your klean kanteen sippy cup.

8 Comments:

Blogger Maile said...

Oh, man, I hate those Bad Mommy moments. And there are always plenty of them to go around! If it's any condolence, I'm sure Baby A will get over the incident and forget it LONG before you will.

Friday, March 11, 2011 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

it's so comforting that kids don't remember so much of their very early childhoods.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Steed said...

It occurs to me that this incident might explain why Baby A has been wanting to nurse so much this past week--he was thirsty! Dehydrated! Oh the guilt!!

Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger cchrissyy said...

I've totally btdt - not with milk, but black mold in the sippy spouts from water or juice.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:42:00 PM  
Blogger Sposita said...

me, too! except it was water that she had backwashed into and it had gone fermented. i'm glad they had the sense not to drink it!

Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Sposita said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Tristen said...

I've done it too! Milk, water (it's gone bad in the sippy, I don't get it), etc... Sigh... :)

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

We totally did the same thing!! Of course, Parker wanted his milk so much that he totally drank it....just gave a twitch every time he took a drink. When I went to wash it after dinner, it was so nasty...I couldn't believe he had been drinking it!! Talk about feeling awful :)

Monday, March 14, 2011 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home