Friday, February 11, 2011

Large S has Awesome Hair

Large S has some awesome hair. As he approached one year of age the awesomeness of his hair began to emerge; small curls began to form at the base of his hairline. As he grew older the curls remained and got larger and longer and more springy. Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself:
(1 year old, the curls emerge)


(2 years old, look at those ringlets!)


(a happy curly haired three year old)


(Oct 2010, the ringlets are getting longer)


(Dec 2010, that hair is awesome! Look at all that curliness! It's out of control!)

So, as proven, Large S has awesome, beautiful, curly hair.

















Or rather, he had some great hair. Last weekend (while visiting Theric's family) we did something drastic. Something that had me pretty close to tears. Take a look:




We cut Large S's curly locks off. (Well, actually we had Theric's mother do it, she did a great job. It's hard to cut the hair of a wiggly three and a half year old, even if you are distracting him by letting him watch Wonder Pets and feeding him marshmallows.)
I am still in shock about this and I'm still not sure how I feel about it...I think I miss his curls, maybe they'll grow back. He says he likes his new haircut, but sometimes he says he doesn't and that he wants us to stop mentioning it.
One good thing about the new haircut is that it may end the awkwardness strangers feel when I have to tell them that the cute little girl they were asking me about is actually a cute little boy. I've always thought it was his long curly hair that made people assume he was a girl, but now that the curls are all gone I can see that the Large S is just really really pretty.
But I think his snappy dressing may solve this problem. Maybe we'll move to bowties everyday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katya said...

My brother and I had hair that was just like this. (Down to my mom putting off cutting my brother's hair for years, even though he was frequently mistaken for being a girl.)

Sunday, February 13, 2011 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Way to take the snip! I think it looks nice and that he does, in fact, look like a boy with short hair. We cut Walt's curls off recently too. Not sure if you saw that. It was just getting out of control! He insists on wearing a hat most of the day now. I think his head is cold with all the hair gone!

Sunday, February 13, 2011 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Tristen said...

Awesome. The old hair and the new, I agree with you, he has Awesome Hair. Can't believe how much he resembles the Big O with short hair, sigh. Do they not just grow up so fast?? I think (hope) the curls will grow back!

Monday, February 14, 2011 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Chillygator said...

He is very pretty! I'm sad about the hair too!

I had the opposite problem. I cut my own hair when I was little and it was too short to do much with so they cut most of it off and everyone thought I was a boy.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home